COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION & ACCOMMODATION
Successful applicants of the APOA 2020 Education Grant will be granted the following:
- Complimentary shared accommodation for 3 nights at a selected hotel.
- Complimentary registration for main Congress with full access to all scientific sessions and exhibition hall from 24 to 26 September 2020.
- Must be a member of the APOA*.
- Must be an orthopaedic trainee (researchers and scientists are eligible to apply on the condition that abstract must be submitted under the Orthopaedic Research category).
- Must be less than 40 years old before 26 September 2020.
- Abstract must be submitted under ‘Award’ category.
- Abstract must be accepted for oral presentation.
*If you are a member of any of the following National Orthopaedic Associations recognised by the APOA Council, you are automatically a (Federation) member of the APOA: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, and Turkey. Otherwise, kindly apply for an annual membership with the APOA for only USD 50 at www.apoaonline.com.APOA members can also enjoy a discount of USD 100 for APOA 2020 registration.
All applications will be evaluated by a Education Grant Committee based on abstract review scores and financial needs.
- Create an account at account: http://apoa2020.apoa-events.com/apoa2020delegate/index.php and click ‘Apply for Education Grant’.
- Submit the following:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter from Head of Department of your institution confirming your position in the department.
- Photocopy of the front page of your passport.
Note : Application must be completed online by 31 December 2019. Offline application is not accepted.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The results of the APOA 2020 Education Grant will be released after February 2020.
- Successful applicants will be required to pay an administrative fee of USD 50 before 30 June 2020.
- If the Secretariat does not receive your complete payment and registration by 30 June 2020, the Organising Committee will assume that you are not attending. The grant will then be given to the next deserving candidate.
- It is mandatory for all successful applicants to attend all three full days of the Congress as well to present their paper at the Congress.
- This Education Grant is non-transferable.
- Applicants who have received other source of funding for the 21st APOA Biennial Congress 2020 will not be eligible for this grant. If an applicant received and accepted an offer from other sources of funding after the application of this grant, the applicant must write to the Secretariat to withdraw from the grant application so that the opportunity can be given to other candidates.
- This Education Grant does not include any pre-Congress workshop(s).
- The Education Grant Committee has the rights to withdraw the grant without advance notice in the event of extenuating circumstances beyond their control.
- The decision of the Education Grant Committee is final, and no correspondence will be made by the reviewer in relation to their decision.